- Club Info
- Club Information
- Board & Staff Listing
- Soccer News
- Club Achievements
- History of Achievements
- Annual General Meeting
- RHSC Memorial Scholarship
- Job & Volunteer Opportunites
- Risk Management
Beet Pesto Pasta
Choosing to fill your plate with vibrant colours is a sure way to include nutrients that will boost your health. Beets are a great example! Beets have a high natural sugar content which makes them satisfying, but they are jam packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants. Beets are also excellent for liver health as they help to detoxify the body.
Try this amazing beet recipe, or enjoy beets grated onto a salad, baked with balsamic vinegar, or pickled.
**Beet Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb red beets (4-5 medium), trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used flaxseed oil)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) whole wheat spaghetti (or any other pasta)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle beets and garlic clove with oil then individually wrap tightly in foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven, remove foil and let cool. Peel skin off beets with fingers (or a peeler) and coarsely chop. Remove the roasted garlic from the clove.
- In a food processor combine roasted beets, garlic, oil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and return to pot.
- Toss pasta with the beet mixture. Garnish with pine nuts, parmesan cheese and fresh dill.